Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vacation-Days 17-24

Jordan's Birthday- Jordan decided she wanted to go to the wax museum and dinner for her Birthday. The wax museum was really fun to take pictures at and pose with all the celebrities. When we were bored of posing we went to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. I have never been to any of the Hard Rocks but it turns out they actually have really good food, now if you want to have a conversation with each other, that's another story.
The boys thought our plans were kind of lame so they opted to go to Dave and Busters and see Harry Potter.







Day 18 we went to the Air and Flight Museum. The kids were not too excited about this but when we got there they saw the plane from Transformers and their attitudes changed a little. Chris really wanted to go on the tour with a guide and so he ended up bribing the kids if they came along that they would get to ride in the simulators when we were done, the tours were like 2-3 hour tours he almost had to bribe me too. We also got to ride to the top of a flight tower and see the city.



Day 21-We have a friend who works at the Pentagon who was able to give us a tour. After me repeatedly reminding the kids to remember their I.D.'s, when we got there and as the guy asked me for my ID, I realized I had forgotten It. I search through my pockets to see what I had with me, I couldn't believe I had Forgotten it, but even more unbelievable was they ended up letting me in with my Debit and Costco Card(Shh...don't tell anyone). Some memorable things we learned on our pentagon tour was...It has 17.4 miles of hallways, 23,000 people work there, it has 400 bathrooms, you can get from any one point to another in less than 8 minutes, they have a bank, jeweler, dentist, restaurants and anything else you can imagine, and there is a memorial outside that has a bench for each person who died at the Pentagon on 9/11. I think the neatest things we learned were all the miracles that happened on 9/11. Even though many people died, there were so many more saved. What a great tour, It was the best tour we've been on.
Day 22 we went over to the D.C. Temple and Visitor Center. First impression, it was huge. What a beautiful Temple.




Day 23 the kids went to Kings Dominion which is a giant amusement park. I opted out on going considering I can't even ride to the store without getting motion sick. They forgot a camera so no pictures.
I went shopping that day and went back to Georgetown. I decided to do a taste test of the cupcake shops. The cupcakes are from Sprinkles, Georgetown Cupcakes and Baked and Wired. All were supposed to be really good. For anyone planning to visit DC and in a need of the best Red Velvet cupcake, Georgetown wins(they are the smallest though). They were all good, Sprinkles cupcake tasted like a boxed mix, I really liked it though, but I wouldn't want to pay money for it. Baked and Wired was big and the frosting was good but the cake was kind of dry.
My dream Job...A cupcake taster.

Days 19-church and rain, rain, rain.
Day 20 shopping, groceries, frozen yo(the best yogurt place ever) and we picked up Brandon who is Tyler's friend and went to see the white house at night.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to get into the Pentagon, so you could have the best tour :)

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

Post a Comment